Friday, August 28, 2015

Busy Summer. . . and a Table Runner

Wow! It's been a super busy summer between our son coming home from France (he was there for a two-year mission for our church), getting him off to college, and just the normal business of summer gardening and yardwork.

I've done a few quilts but have forgotten to take pictures before returning them to owners. Bummer. However, I did remember to get a picture of this beautiful table runner I finished today. My friend has completed a table runner for every season/month for her niece, except for Christmas. This Christmas one finishes her niece's set! I just about jumped for joy when the owner said, "I love lots of quilting!" So I went to town on the quilting and had a lot of fun. The snowflake wasn't sewn on yet. I quilted it on for her. I used 2 layers of 100% bamboo batting. The amazing thing about bamboo batting is you can quilt it pretty heavily, but the quilt still stays flexible and soft.



No comments:

Post a Comment